An immigrant or settler is a man who migrates for all time to an outside nation. Hence, outsiders from Africa would be the individuals who are conceived in Africa yet move to different nations. Keeping in mind the stream of transients far from Africa is in no way, shape or form a late wonder, there has been a generous increment in movement throughout the years. Here, we take a gander at the main 7 goals around the globe where the most African migrants live today.
(Note: The following figures are estimates from census figures in each country. They do not take in to account the number of undocumented and unregistered immigrants in each country — that might very well change the conversation).
Let’s take a look.
About 600,000 African migrants live in Belgium, according to 2015 census figures. Most of the migrants come from the area in central Africa formerly known as the Belgian Congo. Senegal and Nigeria are represented in addition to a substantial number of immigrants from North Africa. Most of the immigrants choose to settle around Brussels, Liege, and Antwerp.
Atotal of 683,000 documented Africans live in Spain. Most of the migrants come from the nearby North African countries of Morocco, Tunisia, and Algeria as well as Spain’s former colony of Equatorial Guinea. Nigeria and Senegal also make up a significant amount of the African immigrants. Madrid, Barcelona, Malaga, and Palma are some of our favorite places to settle.
Italy is home to an estimated 1 million immigrants from Africa. Many of the immigrants are from North Africa, including Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, and Algeria, and totaled 647,000 documented residents in 2010. West Africans from Nigeria, Senegal, and Ghana make up the rest of the immigrant population, with about 337,000 in registered immigrants. Africans have found it easier to settle in to life in Italy by clustering around Rome, Palermo, Milan, Turin, and Bologna.
4. United States
African immigrants make up just a fraction of the United States’ immigrant population, accounting for 4.4 percent. The population estimates for 2013 put the number of African immigrants in the United States at about 1.8 million, a substantial increase from the 800,000 African migrants living in America in 1970. The number of migrants from Africa in the United States, however, witnessed the fastest growth rate between 2000 and 2013, increasing by 41 percent during that period. With the majority of immigrants coming from sub-Saharan Africa, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Ghana, Egypt, and Kenya account for nearly half of the immigrant population from Africa. Most African migrants eventually settle in New York, California, Texas, and Maryland.
Germany boasts the biggest economy in Europe and is home to about 2 million immigrants from Africa. And while Namibia is the only African country with German as an official language, a sizable number of African immigrants have managed to fit in to German society and call it home. The majority of migrants come from West Africa: Ghana, Nigeria, and Senegal. They also come from Somalia, Ethiopia, and Eritrea. Most Africans settle around Hamburg, Berlin Frankfurt, and Cologne.
2. United Kingdom
The population estimates from 2011 puts the number of African immigrants in the United Kingdom of England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland at 2.8 million. The majority of immigrants come from English-speaking former British colonies around West Africa. Nigeria makes up the lion’s share of the immigrant population with approximately 150,000 being legally documented. Ghana comes in at second place with about 96,000 immigrants, while Kenya, South Africa, and Libya are some of the other sources of migrant outflow to the U.K., London, Birmingham, Manchester, and Leeds
With approximately 3.5 million migrants of African descent, France is the No. 1 destination for migrants from Africa. The majority of African migrants to France come from the Maghreb region of Africa, including Tunisia, Morocco, and Algeria. Together, these three countries make up more than 75 percent of the migrant population from Africa. The other 25 percent is made up of Africans from the francophone or French-speaking countries of sub-Saharan Africa, such as Senegal, Mali, Guinea, and Cameroon, with the majority of migrants settling around Paris, Lyon, Toulouse, and Bordeaux.
Now Watch: 10 Principles for Leadership development